Bexley Mooring Project runs four types of group for young people:
Journey 10 is a ten week rolling programme that helps 15 young people at a time who are low in confidence, isolated, and have low level behavioural problems.
The programme is about offering positive activities and life skills that will help us raise confidence, challenge behaviour and create a base for the young people to move on to a universal youth club, scouts or sports club etc.
We run a 2 week assessment before the ten week programme starts.
If the young person misses two weeks their place may no longer be available to them.
Journey 10 runs on a Monday evening.
A waiting list is operated for those referred midway through the programme.
Age range: 8 -17 years
Times: 7.00 pm – 8.45 pm
Cost: £1.50 per week
Young carers are children and young people under the age of 18, who care for someone who is affected by a long term illness, disability, mental health problems or alcohol or substance misuse.
The aim of Bexley Moorings Young Carers Service is to support these young people by providing the following:
- Opportunities to talk to someone who will listen
- Opportunities to meet with other young carers
- Information and help to access services that could help their family
- Opportunities to have fun and enjoy age appropriate activities
Bexley Moorings Young Carers Service can offer the following:
- Weekly young carers club (school term time only)
- One to one befriending service
- Raising awareness in schools
- Information for families
- Open referral system
Weekly young carers club: Thursdays (school term time only) 5.30pm – 7pm
Cost: £2 per week
Age criteria: 8 – 17 years
Young Adult Carers
This service is for those 18 – 25 year olds who have caring responsibilities for someone who is affected by a long term illness, disability, mental health problems or alcohol or substance misuse.
The aim of the Young Adults Carers Service is to offer the following:
- Opportunities to meet with other young adult carers
- Support to access either job or education opportunities
- Support for families in accessing services which may help the families
- One to one support
- Self-referrals accepted
Youth Inclusion Programme (YIP)
The Youth Inclusion Programme (YIP) is run by ourselves and the Bexley Youth Service and is aimed at young people who are not involved in many activities or may be having difficulties at school, in their home or area, which may lead to getting into trouble.
The main aims of the programme are for the young people to:-
- have fun
- try out new things both independently and part of a team
- meet new people and make new friends
- learn to look at things in a different way
The programme is run by youth workers and includes activities which are designed to help team building, promote healthy lifestyles and understand emotions. All activities lead to an award and certificate ceremony.
The programme is split into two projects;
Juniors (age 10 to 14 yrs) Thursday evenings 5 pm to 8 pm
Seniors (14+ yrs) Saturday 10 am to 1 pm